Tuesday, March 24, 2009


It bloomed while I was away, but it still looks really nice. I took pictures of it last night so I'd be sure to have them to post. I was sure it would fade in the night. There are three flowers each 7 1/2 inches from petal tip to petal tip.

Though my flights were all very good and uneventful, I've determined I'll never be an international tourist. The first leg from Billings to Seattle was pretty empty, but boy was the plane hot. It was a good thing no doors or windows were readily assessable, I was ready to bail more than once. On the return trip I enter the airpot in Seattle and start looking for the departure gate, I need to know where I'm suppose to be when the time comes to board. The gate marked on my ticket shows departure for someplace other than Billings. I continue walking down the corridor and find they have moved it just a couple gates. Off I go to scout out the airport, not going far because I certainly don't want to get lost. It's time to board and they are announcing, "Go through gate C2 and take door 5, remember to take door 5 to board for Billings, please watch because several other flights are boarding down this whatever they call the thing."So I'm careful to go through door 5. As we are waiting for people to board the stewardess keeps announcing, "this is the plane to Billings if you think we're going to Kalispell you'll have a long walk." The plane is much cooler this time and the ride is a bit more enjoyable. We unboard on the runway, it's pouring rain and the wind is blowing. I wonder, did they get confused and I'm back in Portland. Then reality hits and I remember oh yah, the wind I'm back in Montana.


I had a great time in Portland. My daughter and I were able to get much of the wedding planning done, shopping accomplished, and thanks to my sister all the flower arrangements are ready. We ran up to the time I needed to leave for the plane. I'm exhausted, but happy the plans are a bit more together than when I arrived.
Have any of you been to Starbucks and had a London Fog Latte? They are wonderful. It's really a good thing I live 250 miles from the closest known Starbucks. I now have a new mission, learning to make a London Fog Latte. I'm sure this must be a way to increase my wisdom. Oh, the things vacations do to me!!!
Reality hit today, it was back to work and life goes on.

5 comments:

Montanagirl said...

Tell me more about the London Fog Latte! What's in it? Glad you had a nice trip. Been missing your posts. Beautiful photo of the flower. Now, aren't you glad you started a blog???

ScottO said...

Thanks again for all your help while you were here Lois! We couldn't have done it without you. Nicole's on me to make her a London Fog Latte as well. It sounds pretty easy to make. Hopefully by the time you come back I'll have them perfected and we can relax and sip lattes all day.

Connie said...

I have never had one - what goes into it? London Fog - water for sure! LOL

So glad the flower was still beautiful.

Connie said...

I like you new "About Me" photo!

Lois said...

I have not had time or the supplies to experiment with a London Fog, but this is what I think. Steamed milk, hot enough to steep tea, one Tazo Earl Grey tea bag, and vanilla flavoring. You might have to steep the tea in a bit of water then add the steamed frothed milk.

Starbucks description: Full leaf black tea with citrusy Italian Bergamot and a hint of lavender. Sweetened with vanilla syrup and topped with steamed milk and velvety foam.