Saturday, January 9, 2010

It should be a quiet couple days at my house. The first thing on my agenda for today is to make numerous receiving blankets. They have a ride to Portland, that way they will be there when one little guy decides to arrive. It's been so long since I've sewn that I might not remember how. I better do some honing on those skills. I do believe I have a wedding dress and three or four bridesmaids dresses to make before fall.
Nicole and baby are still on "house arrest". They are still hanging together, which is a good thing. I'm sure she is thinking this is a long haul, but the longer he stays put the better. She made the decision that I would come out two weeks after the baby was born. This will give me time to make travel arrangements. Her husband plans to take two weeks off work when the baby comes. Threes a crowd, so that will work out well. I'll have a hard time staying put, but I'll survive. I hear that flannel calling.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How does one make a receiving blanket? Do you knit it or do you buy some soft flannel and bind the edges? I love reveiving blankets. They are so soft. I still have mine from our kids. They are 34 & 31 years old and the Grand-girls play with them now. And...you have to make a wedding dress and gowns before fall?? holy cow, you are gonna be one busy lady before long!! I love to sew...debbie

Lois said...

I use flannel. The ones you buy are just too small. I use two yards of flannel, sew all edges right sides together, turn, then do a decorative stitch around the edges. My other grandchildren used/use their receiving blankets till they were 3 or 4 years old.

Montanagirl said...

Better get busy with that flannel!

Connie said...

I am sure your blankets are beautiful and that you didn't miss a stitch!

I am thinking that waiting 2 weeks makes a lot of sense. Otherwise, it would be just a bunch of trips to the hospital to see baby. This way, both baby and mommy should be home and you will be a big help to both - plus get to enjoy both.