Wow, where has the summer gone? It's been way too short and a whole lot crazy. There has been no time for stopping to smell the flowers. That means no new flower photos. I'm not sure what happened the month after the wedding, but it is gone. The last month my house has been in shambles. Craig decided we would put laminate flooring down in the living room and dining room. We had no luck finding the type of flooring we wanted to put in the entry way so ended up with laminate there also. Anyone that has done a home improvement project knows that one things leads to another, and another, and another. Do they ever end????? First things first, the old molding had to come off, but not without a hole or two in the wall. Not a problem, right?? I'll just put a little patching compound in the spots, go to the basement and retrieve the little bit of paint that was left from painting the walls, touch up those spots and all will be well. Not so of course. I get to the basement, find the paint, open the can, and it's dried up completely. The store can mix that color, but in a different kind of paint. I don't know if it will match or not. The old moulding should go right back up where it came down. I decide to see about the dining room pieces, eight total. There is one of those eight pieces that aren't broken or lost. I did find the lost piece after hours of looking, only to decide that the old moulding wasn't going back up like it came down. Off to the lumber yard we go, that's a half day excursion. We found just enough for the project. I bring it home. get it painted and cut, only to decide I really like it without the quarter round. This only presents more problems because the flooring did some shifting on us and it's too far away from the wall in a couple spots for just moulding. I put Craig to thinking how to fix that small problem. Now I'm mudding a spot that was covered with sheetrock. I've never mudded before but what the heck. Craig decides I better sand it between coats of mud. We don't have the proper sand paper so that means another 30 mile trip to buy sand paper. It's still a work in progress and I have no idea how that will end.
The most fun part of this whole project was removing the old tiles. A floor scrapper under one tile, give a push down the row and off they popped. Picking them up, will that wasn't near so fun.
In the midst of the flooring project my granddaughter decides that she is going to live with us during this school year and for the next 5 years unless her mother moves back to Hinsdale. She wants to have "her" room painted. Screamin' Green, oh yah. The room painting experience is a whole long saga. I'll make it a short one, don't buy Wal Mart brand paint. You can just put some food coloring in water and have the same effect. After 4 coats of paint the room is GREEN. I had to make sure it didn't glow in the dark. I still need to make the bed ruffle to get her room back together. She will want to move in the first of next week as school starts on Thursday.
If you decide to come visit be prepared for a total diaster. It could very well be harardous to your health to enter my home at this time.
4 comments:
Know all about remodeling gone wrong. We were going to redo the bathroom...it's been 2-3 months and no sign of the contractor...so we scratched him off our nice list...still no new bathroom. The green room looks like she will be living inside a catapillar with a window. lol wow! that is GREEN. lol BUT, IF SHE IS HAPPY - WHAT THA' HECK! LOL...debbie
Hey, welcome back! I've been missing your humorous posts. That green should shake things up a bit - nice post.
Okay, I wasn't ready for this! I have a granddaughter who loves green. I wonder if these rooms will match!
So hoping things will settle down for you.
How are you and the green room getting along?
I think I am back to trying to blog - will look forward to more of your posts.
Post a Comment