I’ve decided I’d made cookies all weekend and have that behind me. Seven varieties and 22 dozen possible keepers later, I’m wondering why I didn’t just let my daughter purchase them at Costco like she suggested.In anticipatication of baking day I had set out the Cookie Cookbooks, not really looking for but finding some pretty pink ones. Since pink and brown are the chosen colors for this wedding I mark the pages for pink cookies. Have you ever tried to get yellow egg yolks to turn pink? Oh no, they turn orange when mixed with red food coloring. I have all these pretty peach cookies and several dozen not so pretty. Do the people who bake the cookies and publish the pretty pink cookies have albino eggs? If so they really need to specify that in the instructions.
I get to thinking after several varieties of failures that I could probably resort to my "Original Toll House" cookie recipe. I have a relatively fair success rate with that recipe as long as I use Better for Bread Flour, real butter at room temperature, and C&H brown sugar. I can always drizzle pink frosting (I have a good success rate of making powdered sugar, water, and red food coloring pink) of different flavors across the top. We can tell everyone we found some horrible bakery in the Portland area and don’t use them if you want pretty Wedding Cookies. Alas, my "Original Toll House" cookies ran all over the pan, they’re hard and crisp just like the other upteen dozen. If you plan to attend the wedding remember all cookies were purchased from some horrible bakery in the Portland area and be sure to grab a cup of coffee because they’re all dunkers.
3 comments:
Well, they certainly look beautiful. I bet they are not as bad as you feel like they are - you had some rotten moments, me thinks.
The only thing pink I can think of right now, is that little sugar cookie I had on my family photo block, with pretty pink frosting.
You are toooo hilarious. Love your posts. The cookies look great to me! I never really have very good luck with cookies. Mine always seem to get hard, no matter what I do.
I don't know how I have been missing your posts, but I have, so am now catching up. Your Wedding cookies look mighting inviting. Would like to have oooh, maybe 5 and a nice glass of milk. yum. You could substitute applesauce for the butter and maybe it would turn out pink?? I've done that and it tastes fine...you are so funny!...debbie
Post a Comment