Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, you all remember the old adage. Nicole and I were discussing these items as we planned for her upcoming wedding. I mentioned that it was too bad we hadn't thought to include in her bridal bouquet the tatted hankerchief her Grandma had made for each of my girls. I told her I would look for hers when I arrived home. I found it displayed on a shelf in her room in the pretty little box that has been it's home since she received it as a gift from her Grandma. It meets two of the criteria, old and blue. I wonder will it become part of her bouquet, will she attach it to her slip, or just carry it. No matter what she decide it's role in her wedding, I know it will become a decoration in her home. It will be another reminder of the great times she spent with her Grandma.Sunday, March 29, 2009
Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue, you all remember the old adage. Nicole and I were discussing these items as we planned for her upcoming wedding. I mentioned that it was too bad we hadn't thought to include in her bridal bouquet the tatted hankerchief her Grandma had made for each of my girls. I told her I would look for hers when I arrived home. I found it displayed on a shelf in her room in the pretty little box that has been it's home since she received it as a gift from her Grandma. It meets two of the criteria, old and blue. I wonder will it become part of her bouquet, will she attach it to her slip, or just carry it. No matter what she decide it's role in her wedding, I know it will become a decoration in her home. It will be another reminder of the great times she spent with her Grandma.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Beautiful! And a good post as always.
It is so wonderful that your girls have so many fond memories of their grandmother. Those are the best - I would think!
Double wonderful that she can use the hanky in her wedding if she so desires.
Post a Comment